Picnic @ East Coast Park

This post should have been written two weeks ago! That’s how busy the mom is because she had almost forgotten about it due to all the things that she had to think about! Hang in there, it should get better by the end of the month. Everything is in chaos right now. Lol.

Anyway this is a throwback post on the last minute picnic that little milkie had requested. As we were so busy with our new house, we didn’t have the time to bring her and little milo out during the one week school holiday. So when she mentioned that she wanted to go for a picnic, I thought why not, especially when it happened to be a holiday for the enrichment class.

It was funny yet horrible. Little milkie was so excited that she slept real early the night before like around 9pm (her usual timing is around 11pm). The thing is, she woke up REAL early too, both her and little milo, at 4am, saying that she wanted to prepare the sandwich. Of course I rejected and asked her to go back and sleep again. She did, but I did not really go back to sleep.

At 7am, after giving up on trying, I decided to start preparing first. That was when she woke up again. How I wished she was so enthusiastic when she goes to school!


So there we go, preparing some simple snacks. Little milkie helped to pluck and wash the grapes and cut the bread, while little milo helped to dry the grapes (and he thoroughly enjoyed it!).


When we reached East Coast Park, before I put my things down, little milkie had already ran off with her beach toys followed by her grandma.


Little milo followed but insisted on going back to the shelter. Apparently, he dare not really walked on the sand! And this basically means that mommy is going to bring him to the beach more often! Lol.


Here’s the small sandwiches that we prepared, with ham and cheese, and peanut butter and nutella.


This little boy is definitely more interested in food than any other thing!


After some rest, we did manage to get the boy back on the sand and get his feet dirty.


And I think this is the part where she enjoyed the most for she rarely get the chance to cycle (though it’s a 4-wheeled) when she is well-protected by her grandparents. Oops.


And that is the photo I took, after brisk walking behind her for the past 30 minutes. It sure was a great workout for me too!


Just when I thought that the both of them will knock out once they are in the car, they surprised me and were so hyper throughout the journey to our next destination – a shopping mall!

Yup, that was our picnic. We sure had fun! But here’s a tip:

After the trip, go home and have a good rest before going out again. Since they were so full of energy, we went shopping till evening before we headed home. 2 days later, little milo got sick. Haa…

He is now sick again after just recovering like a week back. I do home he fully recovers soon!

Please follow and like us:

Leave a Reply